Dystechnologia is not an official part of ADHD.
But I sure have it, and I think it’s one of the frequently occurring comorbidities. Could result from our symptoms, lack of focus, etc., or could be related to the same brain miswiring.
Anyone else have it?
Pros: Supposed make our lives easier (but does it?)
We can do things we couldn’t do without it.
Some things we can do in much less time.
Cons: Can cause major frustration. (I never can get a wordpress post to come out just like I want. And my mouse isn’t working right.)
Can be a major time waster.
Gives us many more things to do, so we’re busier.
And so many choices, uses up psychic energy and reduces willpower.
Personal Note O the Day: The saga continues:
Review of previous episode:
Amazon shows errors on Your Life Can Be Better. Finally decide to fix them. Can’t find manuscript file. Call KDP. They email manuscript. Fix Amazon’s eight errors. Find over 100 more. Fix those. Decide I need to do a second edition.
- For second edition, need new cover. Can’t find cover file. Call KDP. Krishna, very knowledgeable, says they will fix it for me. Long discussion, clear agreement about what’s needed.
2. They totally screw up cover.
3. Call KDP. Lady says there’s nothing they can do, they can’t make changes, I will have to start all over from scratch. I say they can make changes, they screwed it up. She says can’t help.
4. Call son-in-law, knowledgeable, says he will redo cover. Waiting and hoping. 5. Woke up this morning, computer totally screwed up. “We cannot open your account“
6. Followed their instruction. Doesn’t work.
7. Googled this error. Many instructions. They don’t work. They say try safe mode.
8 Can’t get into safe mode. Googled safe mode, got instructions. They don’t work.
9. Stumble into safe mode. Follow previous instructions for correcting error. They don’t work
10. Return to save mode. Try system restore. It freezes. Against instructions, fearfully and reluctantly shut down computer. Restart. 11. It works! For the moment. Get message that restore was successful (?). 12.Working on this post. Morning shot to hell.
Relevant comments on technology:
from tina: What you have gone through is absurd. I find technology and the lack of real support obnoxious. i suspect you are fairly young compared to me because you are ok with all of this nonsense. i am in my early 70’s-technology today has nearly forced me to stop using my laptop-it is completely absurd . 9 million steps-everything should be able to be handled with one direct phone call). We need new technology-
(for the sake of honesty I needed to inform Tina that actually I’m a teensy weeny bit older than her, but otherwise she’s right on.)
from ken: The joys of publishing! Doing it for a living, and I know the pain 😊
from anon: It is definitely a learning curve. When Amazon took over from CreateSpace it took me a long and terrifying time to figure out that there’s no actual help from them. You have to get the dimensions exact and locked in for the paperback cover. Good luck with it! If you don’t win soon I’ll be happy to place the text and size it for you to upload.
Strategy: Call someone for help that doesn’t have this problem.
BTW O the Day: Yes, by the way, my Alexa isn’t working either.
#ADHD, @addstrategies, @adhdstrategies, @dougmkpdp,