Just a few of the key ADHD points. There are so many, so many ways to make our lives better, so that we are managing our ADHD and it’s not in control.Sadly, this is my last post. I want to leave you all with some key points to remember that will be helpful to you. Science:
- Science is not perfect, but it’s better than anything else.
- Correlation is not causation.
- Unproven is not proven not.
- One scientific study does not prove anything.
- Your ADHD is not your fault. It is not a weakness or a moral flaw. ADHD is a neurodevelopmental disorder that you were born with.
- But you are responsible for educating yourself about ADHD, seeking appropriate help, and learning how to cope.
- If it is expensive or promises a cure, avoid it.
- Many professionals do not understand ADHD, and many of them do not know they do not understand.
- Everyone deserves a trial of medication, which works for 80% of people with ADHD. If you get any side effects, they can usually be managed; if not, they will go away when you stop it.
- Genetic testing to decide on medication and brain imaging to diagnose ADHD are not yet ready for clinical use.
- Living Well with ADHD should be coming out in about a year (“should be”).
- Your Life Can Be Better.my Facebook page, and probably will post there and here about the new book as it gets ready. I appreciate your comments and support over the years and wish you the best of luck. I will occasionally post something about ADHD on
Grumble O the Day:
For some reason, it seems you now need to clik the view button to see the full comments. Technology- ugh! But it’s worth it.