Making Your Life Better – Even With ADHD
Here are the basics of dealing with ADHD:
- Get enough sleep, whatever it takes. Your best bet is to practice sleep hygiene, and/or use melatonin, or whatever.
- Get outdoors
More helps for ADHD:
- Use strategies.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acid ( Fish Oil).
Additional Helps with ADHD:
The instructions say 3-5 mgm, about an hour before bedtime. Start there, but many people need 10 mgm before it works. I need 15 mgm. It doesn’t work like a sleeping pill, just helps you sleep better. It works for about 70% of people.
- I plan to expand on the other points above, soon. I plan to.
- The June copy of Psychiatric Annals just arrived, dedicated to the topic of, guess what—“Adult Attention- Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.” I hope to glean some interesting stuff to share with you soon.
The State of the Books:
- Your Life Can Be Better needs a few typos fixed. I’m still procrastinating. Should be simple, but guess I’m afraid it won’t be.
- The Bully is undergoing significant revision. I’m not happy with this version and have been incorporating many suggestions. One more beta copy is out and then it needs major rewriting. I’m not looking forward to that, but don’t want to give up on the book. It’s aimed at helping bullies, parents, teachers, and administrators to understand bullies and how to effectively intervene. It has morphed somewhat into a book on violence in general.
- Living Daily With Adult ADD or ADHD, 365 Tips O the Day, is undergoing major updating. That’s on hold until the first two projects are done.
- Transformations, my autobiography, is in rough form. It’s primarily for my descendants; who else in the world would be interested? But I’d love to have had more information from my ancestors, so hopefully it will get completed. It’s the last book on the agenda at the moment.
Grimace O the Day:
Remind me not to shut my finger in my car door please.