Procrastination, a major issue with ADHD
I’ve been putting this off, but now I’m going to offer a series on procrastination, and strategies to help you deal with it.
Why do we procrastinate?
- The task seems too daunting, it will take too much time and too much effort.
- The task seems too daunting, not sure I can actually do it or if I can do it well (perfectionism is a booger.)
- The task seems too daunting, I don’t have a clue about how to start it.
- The task seems too unpleasant, like anything involving paper work, for example..
- I feel like I’m being pushed to do it and I’m resisting.
- It may seem like a linked task; you can’t do A until you’ve done B, which you can’t do until you’ve done C, which you can’t do until you’ve done A.
It may help if you understand why you’re procrastinating, but what you really need are strategies. Those are coming.