Stimulants for ADHD
One of the common misconceptions and falsehoods posted on the net are that the stimulants are the same as street drugs. Not so.
amphetamines vs methamphetamine
Also, I believe that research shows:
- Stimulants are rarely abused by people who actually have ADHD.
- Stimulants do not give students an unfair advantage. They do not improve performance in non ADHD people.
- None the less, there is a high rate of stimulant mis use in colleges. (It just doesn’t help.)
- Treatment of ADHD with stimulants does not lead to drug abuse, and some research shows that treatment actually reduces drug abuse.
- There is lot of garbage and nonsense on the internet.
Misrepresentations about ADHD
ADHD research and meds
ADHD doesn’t exist?
Ignorance about ADHD doesn’t prevent opinions.
“I love hearing your opinion about ADHD!”
The ADD ADHD brain is different. And very busy.
@addstrategies #adhd #add @dougmkpdp
This entry was posted in add
, educate yourself
and tagged @addstrategies
, ADD symptoms
, adult add
, adult adhd
, amphetamine abuse
, attention deficit
, stimulant abuse
. Bookmark the permalink