These kinds of things happen to almost everybody sometimes. They just happen to me a lot of the time. A lot of the time.
- A friend graciously agreed to read an early draft of the next book. Early drafts are ugly.
So I emailed it to her. But I spelled her name wrong in the address. “Nacny”. This could happen to anyone, right?
So I corrected it, and sent it again. “Nancy@fastmial.net”
Do you see where I’m going with this?
2. I rushed to the County Court House to vote absentee because I can’t make it Nov.3. But the election clerk’s office was locked and no one answered my knock. I found someone in a nearby office and they phoned and a nice lady came and led me to the correct office. Could happen to anybody, right?
The nice lady told me the election is not until June. Could happen to – – –?
I filled out the form requesting the absentee ballot anyway. Who knows where I might be June?
When I got home, I realized I had put down the wrong zip code. Could happen – – –?
I realized that my little voice had told me that I wasn’t sure about my zip code and I could check it on my driver’s license, but I was in a hurry and I was holding up the nice lady and I ignored it. It wasn’t very loud. Could – – –?
3. Getting ready for cold weather. Found 4 pair of long underwear bottoms. No tops.
4. I had a great link to post but then I couldn’t find it so I wrote a long thing about that but then I found it. But I’d already written the long thing.
Anyway, here it is – you really need to watch this. Give Yourself a Treat Even If It’s Not About ADD ADHD.
1. Double check everything. This takes a little more time, but not nearly as much as if I don’t.
2. Listen to the little voice. I just wish it was a little louder and that I didn’t have to keep learning this same lesson over and over.
3. Get my wife to find the long underwear tops.
Note: You can’t make this stuff up!