We ADDer’s are not renowned for our wisdom. Even so, you would think that by this advanced age I would have learned some things that could be of value to others.
So here is my advice, for what it’s worth. Some of it is specific to ADD ADHD.
- Trust in God. This is very hard to do.
- Do what is right. Be prepared to pay the consequences.
- When you are absolutely sure you are right, consider the possibility that you’re wrong.
- Look for opportunities to help others but take care of yourself and don’t be a patsy.
- Practice saying “No.”
- Meditate. Exercise. Take omega three fatty acids and a multi-vitamin. Do not smoke. Try to keep your weight down – this is very hard.
- Do it now, do it right and do the hard part first.
- Break everything into small steps and focus on one thing at a time.
- Make a long to do list but work off of a short one. Realize that you will never catch up.
- Recognize that the most important things are your relationships, your health and your time. Really!
- Don’t ignore the negative but focus on the positive. Appreciate the beauty that you are surrounded with.
- Remember that we are all more alike than different, yet everyone is unique. And everyone is carrying a wound or a burden that you are not aware of.
Extra Note: There is so much more than we can ever imagine and so much that we cannot ever understand.
Invitation: Will you share your own hard earned wisdom with us here?
I finally found the lost link!
@addstrategies #adhd #add @dougmkpdp