Thanksgiving can be particularly challenging for those of us with ADD ADHD (but then, so can any day).
Adjust as fits if you are the host/hostess or if you are a guest. Check all that apply
1. Didn’t burn the turkey nor serve it still partly frozen.
2. Didn’t spill all the gravy on the rug.
3. While “helping” with the dishes, didn’t break more than one.
4. Didn’t inadvertently insult the host or hostess or a distinguished guest.
5. Didn’t drink way too much, or if you did, did not barf in a conspicuous place or require much help to get to your bed or car.
6. Didn’t tell more than one grossly inappropriate joke or sing more than one unrequested song.
7. Your significant other has not requested a separation or divorce – yet.
8. miscellaneous – you did not break any furniture, get into any fistfights, set fire to anything, pull the tablecloth and dishes off the table, arrive more than one hour late or at the wrong house or give erroneous directions to incoming guests.
If you scored four or more checks, congratulate yourself – you successfully got through another Thanksgiving (successfully for someone with ADD ADHD).
We are especially thankful that we are moved into our new digs. Hallelujah!
Well, but you are creative!