Are we having fun yet?
Nothing tests a marriage quite like moving. Probably even more so with ADD ADHD.
1. Recognize that your life is in turmoil. Your structure is gone. Your schedule is in disarray. You will barely be able to function at all. Your job right now is moving.
2. Recognize that she is very stressed; don’t take it personally.
3. Get all the help you can.
4. Remind yourself, this too shall pass.
5. Try to maintain the practices that help you cope with stress: my quiet time, exercise, the little Blue Book.
6. Perhaps this will prove to have been an opportunity to take a look at things, restructure, reorganize and reprioritize, and perhaps something better will evolve out of it. Or perhaps it will just prove to have been a major pain in the neck.
Structure in ADD ADHD