This issue is not particularly ADD or ADHD, it’s just human, but my ADD makes it worse – no patience, remember?
Things aren’t going quite the way I want, and I’m getting flooded with frustration. I’m trying hard to control the situation, which only makes it worse, because it’s not controllable, so I’m just making myself more frustrated. I need to relax, quit fighting it, and just go with the flow.
So here’s my strategies:
1. be aware, understand what is going on – see above.
2. pray – for the situation to improve, but even more, for me to be able to change my attitude, which is a bigger problem than the problem is.
3. do what I can; there are some things that can improve the situation; they won’t fix it and surely not as fast as I want (no patience), but worth doing, and this works against the awful feeling of helplessness.
4. use the motto – “This too shall pass.” (but how long oh Lord, how long?)
5. look at the positives and realize how much I have to be grateful for
6. write this post- this is venting and also helps me get better perspective
the prayer is probably the most important move, because I don’t have the power to change my attitude myself.
this is the good link from jonathon that didn’t work in the last post for a while clik