On the trip I became tense and pressured, like you can get with ADD or ADHD. You know what I mean? So I became aware of it, and stepped back.
1. I prayed about it.
2. I started taking time to meditate every morning, as I do at home.
3. I used self talk, telling myself that we were on vacation and there was no need to hurry.
4. I journaled about it.
5. I spent more time outdoors enjoying the beauty, paying attention.
Did this work?
Well, some. It got better. Some. This was late in the trip, and I think if I had more days to stick with it, it would’ve helped more.
Do you have some other suggestions or methods?
- Follow ADDadultstrategies on WordPress.com
- ADHD Help Number Two — ADHD Tip O the Day 792
- Three Simple Proven Helps for ADHD, or Maybe More — ADHD Tip O the Day 791
- Cross Off Your ADHD —ADHD Tip O the Day 790
- Comprehensive Treatment for ADHD: An Update —ADHD Tip O the Day 789
- “Are We Overdiagnosing and Overtreating ADHD?” – Part Three, the Last and Maybe the Best— ADHD Tip O the Day 788
- 155,108 hits
The bully tweet
Translate this post
Search this site