On the trip I became tense and pressured, like you can get with ADD or ADHD. You know what I mean? So I became aware of it, and stepped back.
1. I prayed about it.
2. I started taking time to meditate every morning, as I do at home.
3. I used self talk, telling myself that we were on vacation and there was no need to hurry.
4. I journaled about it.
5. I spent more time outdoors enjoying the beauty, paying attention.
Did this work?
Well, some. It got better. Some. This was late in the trip, and I think if I had more days to stick with it, it would’ve helped more.
Do you have some other suggestions or methods?
- Follow ADDadultstrategies on WordPress.com
- ADHD Plus Anxiety – The Podcast — ADHD Tip O the Day 805
- Is It Distraction? Or Something Else? -An ADHD Dialog with Scott — ADHD Tip O the Day 804
- Just About Everything About Coping with ADHD — ADHD Tip O the Day 803
- A Tool for ADHD — ADHD Tip O the Day 802
- What Helps with ADHD? —ADD Tip o the Day 801
- 164,280 hits
The bully tweet
Translate this post
Search this site