Here’s a review of the principles for coping with ADD or ADHD:
1. Identify a problem, devise a strategy, make it a rule, stick with it until it becomes a habit.
Then you don’t have to think about it or remember it anymore. Often the trick is to recognize that something is a problem, and not just the way life goes.
2. For every problem there is a solution.
OK, this maybe isn’t 100% true, but its a good position to start from.
3. Do it now, do it right, and do the hard part first.
this is a motto, as well as a principle, and i try to make a habit of remembering it every time a decision about doing something comes up.
4. Small steps.
always break problems into small steps and work on one at a time.
That’s the four major principles. They work!
What other principles can you suggest??
Updates: 1. I tried cutting the ritalin strip into fourths instead of thirds today and fear that it did not work; too small a dose.
2. will be talking on ADD at Southwestern College, Santa Fe, 6pm oct 2. all are welcome, its free. (there is a charge for CEUs)
3. As far as i can tell, the matchbook amazon program is running, so if you buy or have bought a print book you can get a kindle version free – but i haven’t found out how yet. will let you know.
4. the vote was for black print this size. Thank you for the feedback.