If we have ADD or ADHD, we have trouble finishing things. The man I was talking with had real doubts about his ability to complete his latest project. He does have ADD. We figured out how he could fail at it:
1. Continually think of the entire project as a whole, so that it will seem overwhelming; do not break it down into small steps and focus on one at a time.
2. When you run into an obstacle, be determined to work it out on your own; don’t ask anyone for help.
3. Be determined to make this the best project anyone has ever done; don’t simply set your goal as getting it completed.
4. If you run into anything particularly interesting in the project, chase it down to the end, whether or not it actually has any relevance to getting the job completed.
5. After you have committed to doing the project, keep questioning if it is really worthwhile.
6. Continue to remind yourself of all the projects you have failed to complete.
I have tried all of these and I can testify that they work!
Then he came up with another I have not tried:
7. Start a new hobby at the same time.
on finishing clik here
on not getting it done clik here
Thank you for your comments!!!!