1. the blog has reached 9000 hits! thank you all! The book has sold over 1800 copies, the majority on kindle. Thank you again! Very surprised and very pleased.
2. I am reading and recommending 3 books:
Willpower – baumeister
Thinking, fast and slow – kahneman
Getting things done – allen
a lot of the ideas and information relate to Your Life Can Be Better, some are very similar.
3. Got another negative review. I didn’t get the point across about the keys, and besides, he already knew everything in the book, so it was a total waste of his money. I am sorry about that. Maybe there are enough reviews now that only the unhappy feel moved to post? Lots of positive comments. It’s very gratifying to hear from people the book has helped.
4. Am trying the sitting and being experiment, batting about 50%. Goal is a few minutes three times daily, am making 1-2 times a day, most days. Think it is helpful, slows down the rapidly spinning internal flywheel. May need to devise strategies to get it done.
5. There are suddenly a lot of books about mental functioning, including one about habits. cue -> behavior -> reward -> habit, and how to change it. planning a post on this soon.
I am a psychiatric physician.
I learned I have ADHD at age 64, and then wrote two ADHD books for adults, focusing on strategies for making your life better.
Your Life Can Be Better; strategies for adults with ADD/ADHD
available at amazon.com, or smashwords.com (for e books)
Living Daily With Adult ADD or ADHD: 365 Tips O the Day ( e-book).
This is one tip at a time, one page at a time, at your own pace. It's meant to last a year.
As a child, I was a bully. Then there was a transformation.
Now I am committed to helping people instead abusing them.
The Bully was published in January, 2016.
It's in print or e book, on Amazon.