With ADD or ADHD this can be a big problem. How big a problem is it for you, and how much do you want to control it? You need strategies:
1. cut up your credit cards. You have eight good reasons for not doing this. How serious are you about the problem?
2. Don’t carry checks.
3. If shopping, take a list. Don’t buy anything not on the list.
4. Since you are only going to pay with cash, take only the cash you will need for the list.
5. Arrange to have only the necessary amount of cash every month.
6. Rule: any purchase over $50 requires consultation with your partner or a trusted friend.
This is the strict program, it is difficult, it restricts options, there are alternatives – for example, you can give all your credit cards to a friend to hold. You can commit to trying this for 2 months or for 3 months and then see. The question is, how big a problem is impulse spending for you and do you really want to do something about it?
the book has sold over 1000 copies now (including e books)! thank you!
Pingback: Problems with money — ADD Tip o the Day 321 | ADDadultstrategies