Three people have commented that lists don’t work for them. Lists is a great strategy if you have ADD or ADHD. But they don’t work, not by themselves. You need strategies for using the strategy of lists.
1. make a long list. make a short list, 5 items max, off the long list.
pick one item off that list.
2. break your item into small steps and make a list of them (5 max), pick one item. do it. then another one. and so on. always cross items off when they are done (positive reinforcement)
3. always have with you your list of 5 and a way to make lists – index cards, cell phone, folded paper.
4. check your list of five frequently during the day. make this a habit.
5. focus on your list of one.
I have had two comments on the font color- thank you! one said definitely change to black. the other said, of course, definitely stick to the blue (easier to see). maybe i should alternate??